Admont Abbey Monastic Library
On the banks of the Enns River in Admont, Austria, its a Benedictine monastery. The spectacular Baroque facility houses the largest monastic library in the world. Constructed by Graz Master Builder Josef Hueber, the library was completed in 1776, although the main portion of the monastery was finished in 1074. The Admont Abbey library houses more than 200,000 books and 1,400 incredibly rare manuscripts — some dating back to the 8th century. Seven frescoes, painted by an 80-year-old artist, adorn the ceilings.
The monastery and library are open the library to the public from March through December of each year.